Alternative Day / Bad Weather Protocol
With the forecast of snow and inclement weather more likely in the next few weeks I would like to clarify the procedures on ‘snow days’.
As in previous years we will only close under exceptional circumstances but may follow an alternative day as detailed below:
• Staff will attend school as normal, and, where this is not possible, they must arrive before 9.30am, weather permitting.
• School will start at 10.00am and follow a revised school day, as detailed:
|10:00am||Period 3 incl. registration|
|13:20pm||Period 6 incl. registration|
• Students should leave for school having consumed a substantial breakfast.
• Avoiding a lunch period ensures that less water, ice, snow etc. is brought into the buildings, thus ensuring health & safety is kept as strict as possible.
• The early finish allows for students to travel home slowly and safely, and in full light; this also provides an opportunity for the Site Team to make the school ready for the next day (potentially, before things ice/frost over etc.)
• Where appropriate, staff will be allowed to leave at 2.30pm to ensure they travel home safely in daylight.
• Students will be able to purchase food during the break and those who are entitled to a free meal will be able to access their allowance at this time.
Parents and Staff will receive a text message if the school will be following an alternative day and an announcement will be posted on the school’s website. If you do not receive a text then it will be a normal day.
We hope there will be little disruption due to bad weather over the coming weeks but thank you in advance for your co-operation should we need to implement the alternative day.